· Architectural Designer on feasibility for new gym and 10 pin bowling centre for DST.
· Architectural Designer, Principle Designer on conversion of office to gym for DST.
· Lead Designer, PM, QS and CDMC on new build and refurbishment to Activities Centre.
· Design of climbing wall at Southdowns College.
· Architectural Designer, Principle Designer on partial conversion of sports centre to trampoline centre for DST.
Cobnor Activities Centre, Chichester Harbour
Award winning outdoor education centre
The scheme has been designed to give disabled access to all facilities and incorporates many green and energy saving features including:
· Solar panels to each building providing free hot water for showers
· Group Source Heat Pumps to new building
All building elements exceeded the thermal requirements of building regulations and all lighting was low energy.
The centre is set in the heart of Chichester harbour and within an area of outstanding natural beauty. We worked closely with Chichester District Council and the Harbour Conservancy to ensure the design was sympathetic with the surrounding buildings yet still maintaining functionality of the facilities.
The project has been awarded as ‘Highly Commended’ in the Commercial category by the Sussex Heritage Trust.
gym and 10 pin bowling centre